Sunday 24 February 2013

From the series Bodlondeb

I have been slowly working on various photography pieces since exhibiting last year with Ffoto Alternarive (a photography group in North Wales) in Oriel Colwyn. This year with the photography group we will be exhibiting in Bodelwyddan Castle and the loose structure of the exhibition is 'Time'. 


Here is my Bodelwyddan Proposal:
“Time is not an empirical concept. For neither co-existence nor succession would be perceived by us, if the representation of time did not exist as a foundation a priori. Without this presupposition we could not represent to ourselves that things exist together at one and the same time, or at different times, that is, contemporaneously, or in succession.”
Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason (1781), trans. Vasilis Politis (London: Dent., 1991), p.54.
The contemplation of the mental pathways of the human mind, the conduct of human nature and its behaviour to perform consciously and subconsciously. My work plays on the subconscious of grief, from which memories, feelings, or thoughts can influence behaviour without realisation of it. It is mixed with the conscious of intentionally appreciating the importance of a memory, object, smell, or photograph. My proposal encompasses these ideals through using personal autobiographical images in which I explore their representation with other surfaces and narrative objects.

I want to share some pieces I am hoping to frame for Bodelwyddan and pieces I am playing/exploring with. 








No comments:

Post a Comment