Tuesday 22 January 2013

Assemblage

This piece was exhibited in the #14 Exhibition before Christmas, it was a last moment thing due to the fact I was organising and curating the exhibition with fellow members. I had arrange everyone else's but had left this last piece to the end, quite frankly to the last day! It was the rash, quick, subconscious actions of collecting items, scribbles and drawings I had scattered across my studio desk, mixing and infusing 2D with 3D a marriage I am trying to work on. The overall construction was then carefully thought out, playing with composition, colour and subconsciously adding a subtext, like many of my pieces it looks aesthetically pleasing could almost say pretty but then there are undertones of quite dark and unearthed themes.  







No comments:

Post a Comment